Jun 30, 2009

This Site is Not Spam

Just like the famous Monthy Python gag with the word "spam" I will tell you right away that this site is not spam, spam, spam. I received a message from Blogger telling me this was spam.Here is the message:

"Your blog at: http://hotgoogletrends.blogspot.com/ has been identified as a potential spam blog. To correct this, please request a review by filling out the form at http://www.blogger.com/unlock-blog.g?lockedBlogID="xxx"

Your blog will be deleted in 20 days if it isn't reviewed, and your readers will see a warning page during this time. After we receive your request, we'll review your blog and unlock it within two business days. Once we have reviewed and determined your blog is not spam, the blog will be unlocked and the message in your Blogger dashboard will no longer be displayed. If this blog doesn't belong to you, you don't have to do anything, and any other blogs you may have won't be affected.

We find spam by using an automated classifier. Automatic spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and occasionally a blog like yours is flagged incorrectly. We sincerely apologize for this error. By using this kind of system, however, we can dedicate more storage, bandwidth, and engineering resources to bloggers like you instead of to spammers. For more information, please see Blogger Help: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42577

Thank you for your understanding and for your help with our spam-fighting efforts."

Just because your system tools detect words that are not considered too orthodox that does not mean I wrote them, they were just borrowed from news included kindly by Google on the famous trend list. As far as I know, reproducing the list is not spam. Google is not responsible for the content of such list, which is only a live reflection of the status of the web. I can also say that I am not linked in any way to the content of such items of news, be them written or in the form of images or videos. Nevertheless if by any chance you consider that my legitimate actions might damage your reputation or Google's, please let me know which content you consider offensive and I will kindly eliminate it. Perhaps one of the posts, which I found curious and is related to the Spanish inquisition (which I just copied from somebody else) may be uncomfortable. In a way, banning someone whose behavior is legit is a way of censorship even though your words are kind and meaningful. I am going to click on your review link anyway although I don't like your message. You removed one of my blogs once and I am still waiting for someone to tell me why. I could show you a long list of blogs that would certainly need your censorship but that's not my job. Do what you have to do. Maybe you finally shut it down after all. Life goes on.